New Car Buyer Survey
Individuals, who have recently purchased a car and were asked to take the New Car Buyer Survey, can visit the site link provided. You will need to receive a username and password from the dealership to begin the survey process.
Here are some things to consider when taking the New Car Buyer Survey:
- Did you like the service you received?
- Why did you buy the vehicle you chose?
- Was there anything you were dissatisfied about?
- Did you have any challenges with the financing?
- Were you greeted when you first arrived at the dealership?
- Was the individual who greeted you nice and friendly?
- Did the person working with you seem to have an understanding of the buying a new car process?
- Would you refer your family and friends to the dealer?
- How would you make the experience better?
Entering the New Car Buyer Survey will help various dealerships make choices which will further improve the services they are giving to the public. By providing your feedback you will be making a difference in the next person’s experience in buying a new car.
If you did not receive a user name and password to take the survey, please contact the dealer you were doing business with to see if they are participating in the listed survey. If they are, be sure to visit http://www.ncbs-survey.com to leave your personal thoughts and views.